God has given me a vision for Christian wives. I see him rising up an army of strong but gentle wives who do specific things in such a focused and powerful way that their husbands are propelled to become mighty men of God! Don’t we all want that?
The qualities of these strong Christian wives are all Biblical, and if we press into them, I’m confident we will have a tremendous, positive impact on our men! As we encourage and pray for our men, our men will be much more likely to step up and become mighty men of God. Hallelujah!
The most important thing we can do is to respect, honor and love the Lord. But beyond that, catch this vision of the wife he is calling you to become. He is calling wives to be…
- encouraging (1 Thessalonians 5:11…encourage one another and build each other up)
- respectful (Ephesians 5:33….the wife must respect her husband)
- gentle (1 Peter 3:4 …the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight )
- compassionate (Colossians 3:12 …clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience)
- courageous (Joshua 1:9… Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.)
- loving but firm confronters of sin (Luke 17:3 If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him)
- prayer warriors (Colossians 4:2… Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful)